Friday, November 6, 2009

It is November. Isn't it?

I was out raking the front yard before lunch and thought I saw something odd in the garden. I brushed away the leaves and found this.

Then I raked a bit further down and saw this prolific plant. You've got to click on the picture to get the full effect. If you look closely you can see at least 2 white flowers still in bloom. Where were all my berries this summer? This same plant produced all of 2 berries through the normal growing season. Don't these strawberry plants know it is the 6Th of November????
I couldn't get a decent picture because of how the sun was shining, but all my Violas are in full bloom as well. Huh? We've been having below normal temps lately. It's mostly been cold and rainy. I thought strawberry plants liked sun. Not these guys apparently. Weirdness in my garden??? What a shocker.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about strawberries but there are a lot of planties that like cool weather; pansies are one that come to mind since I have 1 plant left over from 3 YEARS ago (some annual) that is blooming right now - 2 miles south of Santa's workshop!- and will still be growing until it gets really cold or covered in snow. Could it be that critters (or FRINGE butterflies) ate the small berries? Curious minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!