Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheater Pesto Breadsticks

While Blockette was at soccer practice the other day, I was trying to rack my brain for a way to spruce up the leftover spaghetti we were going to be eating for dinner. Then I remembered this recipe for pesto bread sticks from The other side of 50.

I had jared pesto and crescent roll dough in the back of the fridge. It was fate! All I did was flatten out the dough into one long sheet. Then I covered half of the dough with pesto, and folded the dough over so the non pesto side was covering the pesto. After that, I grabbed the pizza cutter and cut the dough into 8 strips. I gave them a few twists before putting them on the baking sheet. I followed the baking time and temp that was on the crescent roll package.

The original recipe says to add sun dried tomatoes. I didn't have any on hand. I'm sure they'd make a tasty addition. I bet you could add cheese or even olives. Of course, I didn't have anything like that on hand. They were really tasty with just the pesto.

The breadsticks rejuvinated the leftovers enough so no one complained about eating leftovers. Mission accomlished. Just beware, with all the garlic in the pesto, your family may take turns stinking each other out!

1 comment:

  1. The beauty of these breadsticks is that you can add whatever you want! So glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!