Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Say Whaaaat?? Grilled PBJ??

Grilled Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches??? Who ever heard of such a thing? Apparently I have been missing out. Maybe you have too. I saw it on Simply Scratch the other day and I thought to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?" It's sheer brilliance.

Blockette, on the other hand, took some serious convincing. I bribed her to try it by letting her take this picture of the grilled pbj. I love how the peanut butter is oozing out from between the bread. What did Blockette think? At first she complained that it was too messy, until she realized that messy was tasty. Now when I ask her what she wants for lunch she says, "PBJ! But can you make it a grill cheese, without the cheese?"

You know what else tastes good grilled? A Peanut butter nutella sandwich. Om nom nom.
What's even better than a grilled peanut butter nutella sandwich? A Grilled peanut butter smore sandwich. Oh I know. It's not a healthy lunch. I would never ever eat or even make such a thing. However, if I were to make such a sinful concoction I would melt 2 Hershey mini bars in the microwave, spread that on one side of the bread, spread peanut butter on the other side of the bread, nestle 12 or so mini marshmallows in the peanut butter,slap the 2 sides of the bread together, butter the outside of the sandwich and slap that bad boy on the griddle. It would be terribly horribly delicious, if such a thing were ever to be made.

3 comments:

  1. oooh I wonder if I can find a graham bread recipe. James has dark chocolate pb (yuck to the dark part) and that and marshmallow fluff would make for a great grilled smore.

    mmmmm smores......

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH Ill take one of those!!! WOW!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed have a cinnamon raisin graham bread machine recipe, but I don't know if I can post it here. It's from Better Homes and Gardens biggest book of bread machine recipes, copyright 2003, page 239 to be exact. if you ladies can tell me if I can post it here, I will. Otherwise, perhaps it's in your library?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!