Friday, November 12, 2010

Microwave popcorn

Ok so I don't normally post on Fridays, but I had to pass on this little nugget of goodness. Did you know that you can make popcorn in your microwave? I mean not in those pre packaged bags that cost a bazillion times more than it does to make your own on the stove and smell like weirdness while they are popping.

Well I didn't have a clue. I saw it a while ago on Our Best Bites but only just now tried it. It is rockin awesome!

All you need is a brown paper lunch bag, a piece of scotch tape and 1/4 c popcorn kernels. Stick the popcorn in the bag, tape it shut then nuke away. Mine took 2 minutes to pop. Then I melted about a tablespoon of butter in a small dish in the microwave for 30 seconds, threw the popped popcorn in a bowl and I poured that butter goodness on top with a healthy shake or 12 of salt. mmm!

OK so why would anyone want to make popcorn not on the stove? Well it's hard to make a small amount of popcorn on the stove and we all know that once popcorn is made it must all be eaten or the universe will collapse on itself. This way you have a bit of portion control. Pretty cool eh?

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try it, but I admit I am skeptical. stovetop popcorn is soooo yummy! Nothing beats movie theater popcorn, though, now if you can do something about the calories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit that stovetop is the best. I think I may like it better than movie theater popcorn. Well, unless they use REAL butter but who does that anymore? Yup. I'll admit it. I'm a butter snob and I don't care who knows it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!