Monday, November 1, 2010

Project # 15 and #16: Xmas ornaments

Our church is having an auction and the Sunday school classes are all putting together themed baskets to enter into the auction. Blockette's class theme is Christmas. I decided to make 2 cross stitched ornaments. The patterns came from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue.

They were very fun to stitch up. The stitching part is always fun for me, but the making into ornament part I always hate. Which is why I only made 2. That's all I could stand to get done with a deadline.

I chose to make them both blue and white because apparently Blue is the color for Advent in the Protestant Church. The bottom ornament was originally supposed to be stitched in red on white fabric. I'm thinking it was intended to be a poinsettia. Which if that is the case then the white works as well because there are white poinsettias too. Sometimes I think it looks like a snowflake and others like a cross. What do you think it looks like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!