Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

What can I say about microwave pumpkin pie oatmeal from the Craving Chronicles?? If you love pumpkin pie, you'll love this breakfasty version.

Mrblocko and Blockette liked it a lot, but they said that they wouldn't want to eat it every day. I thought the oatmeal could use more sugar, but "more sugar" and "morning" are not a good combination for me. I think I'm just used to the over sweetened pre-packaged Quaker version of oatmeal.

I won't be making this again for myself, but I will make it for the two other weirdos that live in this house. (And no Mrblocko, I'm not referring to the cats.)

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Craving Chronicles Makes 1 serving
1/3 cup oats
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
1 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice
dried cranberries (optional)
chopped pecans (optional)

Measure all of the ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl and stir just until combined. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until desired consistency. Top with more pecans and dried cranberries, if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!