Saturday, September 24, 2011

'11 Unhappy Dance #24: Cardboard Cat Scratcher

I found directions for a Corrugated Cardboard Cat Scratching Mat at Design Sponge and thought, "Why not give it a try?" I find it highly amusing that it is made from a box that held kitty litter. 

Sadly, it has been an epic fail with the kitties.  The only time the cats paid any attention to it was when I took this photo. They only to sniffed around it to check it out, not to use it for its intended purpose, scratchin'. 

I think they don't care for it because the rows of cardboard aren't even.  I did my best, but the box cutter we have has seen better days.  I'm surprised it cut the cardboard at all. 

Oh well, it was a fun little experiment.  The only thing I was out was some tape, a box destined for the recycle bin and a bit of my time.  Would that all my crafting flops turn out this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!