Saturday, September 3, 2011

S'mo'nes

Why do people always come up with cool ideas before I get around to thinking of them myself? Campfire cones from Chef Jessica Bright definitely falls into that category.  I think I would have gotten around to inventing them myself, given enough time...and sleep.  Ok, so it never would have happened, but I think I have established that I live in my own happy little fantasy land.   Don't ruin it for me!

I've decided to rename them S'mo'nes, as they are s'mores in a cone.  Yeah!  We are far to suburban to have a campfire, so we just stuck them on the grill.  Grill Cones just sounds weird.  Makes me think traffic needs to be diverted around our grill or something.  So S'mo'nes it is.

We weren't sure how long to cook them on the grill so we had to keep opening them up to check for doneness.  I think with enough practice we, and by we I mean Mrblocko, will know exactly how long to cook them for.
If you are going to fill your cone with chocolate bits, please remember that when chocolate melts it retains its shape until you "disturb" it.  If you keep the cone on the heat thinking that the chocolate is going to get gooey, you will burn the chocolate.  This is not a good thing.  In fact, it is chocolate abuse and I will come to your house and beat you about the head and neck areas with a foam noodle, which may or may not be decorated like a lightsaber.
Also remind your munchkins that the insides of the cones are going to be molten hot, more so than a regular s'more.

I think Blockette had as much fun creating her s'mo'ne as she did eating it!

1 comment:

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!