Monday, September 12, 2011

Mint Cookies N Cream Bars

Doesn't it look like Slimer from Ghostbusters attacked a pan of brownies?
I swear they are the exact same disgusting shade of green.  Yum.
I first saw the cookies n cream no bake bars over at Picky Palate. They are basically Rice Krispie Treats, but instead of the puffed rice, you use crushed up cookies. You can really use any kind of crispy crunchy cookie.   Baker girl used what look like Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

It was my intent to use Chocolate chip cookies as well, but Blockette saw the mint "Oreos" and convinced me otherwise.  (Read, begged and pleaded and whined and promised me the sun and the moon if only I would just please buy the mint oreos.)

Aside from looking bizarre, the bars tasted really really awesome.  My mother-in-law thought they tasted like they had Rice Krispies cereal in them.  I don't know why they tasted that way, but they did.
Maybe it was the buttery marshmellow combination?  I swear to you that no actual Rice Krispies were harmed in the making of this dessert.

I recommend cutting these into at least 12 bars, not the 9 the recipe suggests as they are really super sweet. If you think about it, there are more than 9 servings in a box of Oreos, then you add on the butter and marshmellows...ugh.   Besides, I don't know about you, but when I eat Oreo cookies out of the package, I only eat one at a sitting.  Oh yes.  I only want one.  Right now.  When I finish this cookie I am going to get up and have another one.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  The having to get up from the couch, walk upstairs and into the kitchen to get a second or third, or fourth cookie expends enough energy to justify the added caloric intake.  Right?  So cut the bars on the small side if you are like me and don't feel satisfied until you have had "second dessert".


No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars from Picky Palate
One 16 oz package of Oreo
5 cups Large Marshmallows
4 tablespoons butter

 Place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground. Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 min. Remove and pour in ground Oreo Cookies. Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8" baking pan. Let set up for 10 minutes. Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares. Makes 9 large bars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!