Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Better than Egglands Best

Remember back in September when I won a bunch of stuff, including eggs, from Egglands Best Eggs? And those eggs were the best eggs I ever tasted.  Seriously, I didn't think that there would be a difference, but there was.  Egglands Best Eggs taste fresher and more like an egg than the usual grocery store fare.  So yum yum yummy.

Nothing could ever top Egglands Best.  Or so I thought, until this weekend, when we got these beauties.
One of the parents of a child in our Sunday School class GAVE these to us.  Their chickens had laid them the day before. 

Holy cow.  So unbelievably good.

Blockette had a hard time choosing what color to have for breakfast, but settled on a pinkish one.

Now some of you who have read my profile might be thinking, um doesn't it say she lives in a suburb of Chicago?  Well yes, I do.  It just so happens that I live in a far western suburb,  very close to a lot of farmland.  I think it's the best of both worlds.  The town has become quite built up in the past 6 years, but at times still has that small farming community feeling. I love it. Especially if it means people give us free freshly laid eggs!

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing like fresh from the farm eggs! Enjoy! How yellow were the yolks? I'll bet they were practically orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trade egg cartons that I've said for homegrown eggs. They are delicious! My daughter *always* buys Eggland's Best, and swears by them. I never could bring myself to pay for them, but last week, I bought a dozen and they're wonderful. If I don't get fresh eggs, Eggland's Best are going in my shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!