Saturday, January 7, 2012

Reheating Bread

OK.  So I haven't tried this yet, but I'm posting it on here so I don't forget the next time I bake up loaves of bread.  Too bad I cubed and froze the extra loaf of garlic bread I wrote about yesterday!  Oh well, it will make tasty bread pudding.

Anyhow, here is the trick to getting the crusty exterior to your baguettes when you reheat them, (courtesy of One Good Thing):

Run the loaf quickly under running water. Put it directly into a 350F oven for about 10 minutes, until it’s crisp on the outside and warm on the inside.

That's it.  I can't wait to give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Who knew you run it under water. Thats a very interesting tip! Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip. My mom used to run a brown paper bag under the water, then put the bread in it and into the oven. I suppose it's the same idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!