Monday, January 2, 2012

December Reads

The Maid: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Kimberly Cutter. 

Man, I thought I was going to have a big goose egg for reading books in the month of December, then I found some time to read while I was visiting my mom over Christmas. 

This book was just ok.  I've read several books about Joan of Arc in the past 10 or so years.  Can I remember any of them?  No, of course not!  Wait, maybe it was Joan of Arc movies that I've seen a bunch of.  As I can't seem to recall any specific story or author. 

Anyhow, his book was enjoyable, but nothing special.  If you were reading about Joan of Arc for the first time, I'd probably suggest something else a little more factual, but then again that would be a dry read so never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!