Wednesday, March 21, 2012

10 Minute "Baked" Potato for One

Usually my lunches are boring things like cereal, grilled cheese or peanut butter sandwiches. Yawn. Sometimes I want something a little more substantial, but I hate spending any sort of time or effort on food when I'm just feeding myself.  These roasted potatoes from Iowa Girl Eats totally meets the needs of the hungry lazy girl. Can you believe it only took me 10 minutes to make?

The first thing you need to do is wash your russet potato.

Next you get to stab it all over with a fork so it doesn't explode in your microwave. (This would not be a good thing cause at some point it would need to be cleaned, and that would totally negate the laziness of this dish.)

Place your stabby potato on a microwave safe plate and nuke for 3 minutes. Turn your potato over and nuke for 2 minutes. (I have a microwave with a rotating plate that cooks faster than most. You may need to increase your bake time to suit your nuke box.)

While the potato is cooking, preheat your broiler.

Once the potato is cooked, cut in half and cut each half in squares, almost to the skin but not quite. (I think this looks like some sort of wonky pineapple.) Slather on some butter and seasoning salt and top with the shredded cheese of your choice. (I used a blend of parmesean and mozzerella. Because it was already shredded and the bag was open. See, super lazy when no one is looking.)

I hate washing dishes (Lazy), so I place my potato on a foil lined pan and broil for 5 minutes. (The original recipe says 10-15 min. Beware! See how dark the cheese is? That was after 5 min! Good thing I like crispy cheese, eh?)  Keep an eye on that potato cause it will go from crispy to burnt quickly. 

And there you have it, super speedy baked potato. Feel free to add any additional toppings that your heart may desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!