Monday, March 5, 2012

S'more cookies

I found this recipe for S'more cookies on pinterest. The recipe can be found at The Cherry on Top who found it over at The Girl Who Ate Everything.  Mine more closely resemble the ones over at The Girl Who Ate Everything because I made my cookie dough scoops on the smaller side.
I think using the small cookie scoop was the way to go.  Seeing as I made these for a bake sale, I wound up with more S'more cookies.  And more cookies meant more money.  That aside, I feel that there was a good graham cracker to cookie ratio.  Aside from raising money, that was pretty darn important too.  I mean you want your cookies to taste good cause then people come back for more! (Which a few people did!) 

I had hoped to prevent the cookies from spreading too much by using half margarine and half butter.  I couldn't taste the margarine in the cookies so I think this was a good thing.  However, as you can see, my cookies still spread out quite a bit.  I think I just need to scoop the dough and then let it chill for a few hours. I am going to attempt that the next time I make these.  I need to plan better and not be so terribly impatient!

S'more Cookies from The Cherry on Top
5 T butter
6T margarine
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 - 4 regular sized Hershey Bars
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares

375 F. Line baking pans with parchment paper. I used 11x17 and 9x13 pan, but if you want more cookie dough on your graham cracker, just use the 11x17 pan.  Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching).

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.Add flour mixture to butter mixer and combine on low speed.

Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Scoop the dough into balls and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight Place dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. Bake 5 min then remove from oven to press Hershey piece on top.Bake 5 – 7 more min or til dough is beginning to turn golden brown at the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.

5 comments:

  1. These sound good.. I like the graham cracker on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised how much I liked these. I thought they were just going to be meh, but they were really really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a thought. I bet those dehydrated marshmallows, you know the ones that are usually found in the hot chocolate mixes, might be good in something like this. The marshmallows in this have the tendency to melt into nothing. I'll have to pick some up the next time I see some at the store and give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy! THanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!