Friday, March 2, 2012

Feb Reads

 Holy moley Rocky!  How in the what did it get to be March already. March second even.  Who makes up this crazy "it's too fast flying" time anyhow?  I read a total of 2 books this month. I just didn't have enough time to read more. Guess it's sort of funny that I'm complaining about time flying and the two books I read this month were from the river of time series.


1. Waterfall: Book 2 in the River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren. I enjoyed this book.  There was lots of romance (G rated) and fast paced action. I was all happy with how the story was going until the end of the book where they manage to go back to almost their present modern time from Medieval Italy, to save their dad from getting killed in a car accident.  I was like what?  I think it ruined the storyline for me. 

2. Torrent: Book 3 in River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren.  This last book in this trilogy was a big let down for me.  I thought the book was slow comparatively to the first 2 books.  Maybe this was because the main characters kept doing the exact same things in each all the stories.  Oh the girls from a different time are in a dangerous situation and manage to kick butt against men who are twice their size.  Yawn.  The story has a happy ending and the whole entire family decides to stay in medieval Italy, even though they know that the plague is coming in a few short years.  REALLY?  I know love is a powerful thing, but how come they didn't just go forward in time to live in the modern world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!