Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick Little Spring Hair Clippie

I was doing a bit of spring cleaning in my craft room and I came across some little white fake flowers.  They were leftover from the cheery little spring wreath I made for my front door back in February. 

The flowers were placed in a pile of things I didn't know where to store.

Then I came across two single pronged alligator clips with teeth.  (They look something like this, and are one of the few types of hair clips that actually stay in Blockette's hair for more than 5 min.)  I couldn't remember what I bought them for so I decided to put them to use with those little white flowers.

It was a great excuse to postpone the remainder of the cleaning.

This hair clip is a nice change from the huge flowers Blockette likes to wear in her hair.  My best friend once refereed to Blockette as "Niecy," after Niecy Nash who has made it her fashion statement to wear huge flowers in her hair.  Sometimes a you just need a bit of variety in your hair accessories.  

Talk about an easy craft project.  I got out my cool touch glue gun.  Which incidentally isn't "cool."  I just doesn't get as hot as a hot glue gun.  I can't be trusted with a hot glue gun.  Its hard to rid the house of that burnt flesh smell.  For some reason Fabreeze doesn't do a stellar job in that department.

Anyhow, while my glue gun was heating up, I cut out a small oval of green felt, slightly larger than the clippie.  Then I glued that bad boy to the clip.  While the glue was cooling, I popped off 15 or so of the little white flowers from the plastic stem.  Then I glued them all on to the felt.  Voilà!  Instant little floral hair clippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!