Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Springtime Wreath

 Have I ever mentioned that I greatly dislike our front door? I don't know why.  It's got this fancy carving stuff all over the outside of it.  I think the flowers might even be Tudor Roses.  You'd think I'd be gaga for it.  I'm not.  Just one of those things I guess.

So, in attempts to detract from the pattern, I've decided to hang stuff on the door.  We have a Christmas wreath and a fall wreath, but, as it is getting to be more and more spring-like, those two wreaths just aren't cutting it for me. I found this neat tutorial for a spring-y wreath over at PS Capture the Details.
All you need is a foam wreath form, Lime green Lion brand fun fur yarn (which looks so much like newly sprouted grass...the lighting was funky today so the colors are showing up muted), pins, some sort of flower and a ribbon for hanging.

The original tutorial calls for using bits of a floral trim.  I opted for using these fake flowers.  I didn't care for the floral trim and the fake flowers were on sale. 

I spent around $14 on supplies.  I wound up needing slightly more than 1 skein of yarn as I used a 10" wreath form, not an 8" wreath form as the tutorial suggested.  So, I have almost a full skein of the fuzzy green yarn left for another project, along with most of the ribbon, and a good portion of the fake flowers.  I would say I used only $8-$10 worth of supplies.  Not too shabby for a cheery touch of spring!

2 comments:

  1. I love this wreath! Think I will head out to Hobby Lobby to see if I can find the supplies. Thanks for the great idea Love your rye bread too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It really takes no time at all to put together. Even less time if you don't have two cat's trying to clean the fuzzy yarn by licking it to death while you're wrapping it around the wreath form.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!