Monday, April 9, 2012

The Big OH THREE!

This weekend Tomatoes for Apples turned three years old!

Image source: Think Cards
Three years.  It seems like I've been writing on here for a lot longer.  I think that's a good thing.  This blog has given me a place to vent, appreciate the things I have, a place for sharing photos of Blockette with family, and the excuse to continuously try new things in the kitchen.  

If it weren't for this blog, we'd probably be eating the same meals every week.  Which, when you rarely go out to eat, can get pretty boring, pretty fast.  Although, learning my way around the kitchen did result in an unexpected side effect.  Now, when we do go out to eat, most of the time I think, "I could make this better and cheaper at home!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not this Iron Chief guru, not even close.  My cooking has just improved so drastically in the past three years it's something to really be proud about.  I still have loads to learn and I look forward overcoming more culinary hurdles in the future.

Incidentally, I had every intention of making a cake this weekend in celebration of my blogiversary.  I bought all the ingredients and everything.  Then, I realized we would be overloaded with sugar from the Easter Bunny.  My father-in-law is supposed to come out to see Blockette's soccer game in two weeks, so I thought I'd just delay the cake making until then. 

Happy Birthday little blogy blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!