Friday, April 13, 2012

Snickerdoodle Brownies

I made these snickerdoodle brownies, from A Well Seasoned Life, to bring over to my mother-in-law's house over spring break.


Feel free to be amazed with my special food photography props.  I'm super classy, and should be a professional food photographer.

Now that you are done laughing, let's get on with discussing these Snickerdoodle Brownies.

First, they had a glaze on top, but they were not pretty with the glaze.  So that's why you get the crazy cat medicine picture.  Cause cat medicine and Kool-aid were prettier than the glazed bars.

The bars settled in the middle as they cooled, which acted as a basin for the glaze to settle in.  A smart thing would have been to let the glaze set up a bit before I drizzled it on.  Do that so you don't get a glaze swimming pool.  Glaze swimming pools taste divine, but are butt ugly. (Case in point, see this post.  When will I ever learn?!)  Or even better yet, cut your bars and then apply the glaze.  This wasn't really an option for me.  I wanted an easy way to transport these bars in the car, so I left them in the pan I baked them in.

Cinnamon is like crack to me.  And these bars are really cinnamon-y.  I could NOT stop eating them.  I may or may not have eaten so many bars in one sitting that I may have started buzzing around the room like a humming bird, and then just might have had to lie down and have a sugar crash nap.  But I'm not going to fully admit to that.

I'll definitely make these bars again.  Although, if I'm just making them for the three of us, I'll make a half batch so I don't pig out again and knock myself into a sugar coma. 

Snickerdoodle Brownies from A Well Seasoned Life
2 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cinnamon Mixer:
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a larger bowl mix together softened butter, brown sugar and sugar until blended. Add one egg at a time, then vanilla. Add flour mixture and blend well. Spoon half of the batter into the pan and spread evenly.

Make cinnamon mixture by combining: 1 T sugar and 1T cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of the batter that is in the pan. Using the remaining batter, place teaspoon sized dollops on top of the cinnamon mixture…covering all the pan. You will be able to see some of the cinnamon mixture peeking through. Bake for 25 minutes.

Once baked, let it cool for one hour. Combine all ingredients for the icing and once cool drizzle it over the brownies.

3 comments:

  1. I just saw a post for Snickerdoodle Bread and now brownies. Yum! And I love the cat meds in the picture ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am a photographic genius. I don't know how people take such awesome pictures. I barely get a chance to snap a quick photo of the food before it is scarfed up or taken off to wherever it's going. I don't notice the weird backgrounds until I'm uploading the photos onto my computer.

    The weird thing about the kool-aid is that we never drink it. I had bought it for a recipe, but never got around to making it. Still have that packet of kool-aid though. Hmmm...should probably use it for something soon.

    And what? Snickerdoodle bread? Sign me up for that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!