Wednesday, May 2, 2012

sWiNgY sWiNgY sWinG!!!

A few weeks ago I mentioned I was thankful for a talk I had with one of our neighbors. I was sealing the fence in his yard and I just assumed, as it was during the day on a school day, no one was home.  I think we both startled each other!  Anyhow, we got to chatting and out of the blue he asked me if I wanted their swing set.  For free. 

What!?

As our backyard is such a weird shape, I told him I didn't think it would fit.  I went and got a tape measure anyway. 

OH my GOODNESS!  There was room.  Just enough room!

Blockette was going to get a swing set!  Did you know this was her life long dream?  I did because she has told me repeatedly.

It took a few weeks for Mrblocko and our neighbor's schedule to coincide, but on Saturday they moved the swing set into our yard. 

The swings were pretty rusted so I ordered some new ones online.  They arrived Monday right before she got home from school.

Monday afternoon was a singing and swinging extravaganza.

Too bad it rained all day Tuesday, and she was home from school with pink eye to boot.

I told her eventually it will stop raining, and there will be plenty more times to go outside and swing.

1 comment:

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!