Monday, May 6, 2013

Easy Circle Skirt for Blockette

When my best friend was clearing out her fabric stash she had this fabric with a stamped pattern for a circle skirt.  The only thing is that it called for a zipper. 

Only I don't do zippers.
Or windows.

Then I realized that the waist opening would be the right size for Blockette without a zipper.  So a hem and some elastic were all I needed to do.  Awesome! 


This was one of those things I made for Blockette without asking her if she'd like it.  I took a risk and it paid off.  

At first she was a bit leery of the skirt.  She'd never had a long skirt like this before.  Of course she was sold once she took it for a twirl.

My favorite part is that it can be worn with nearly every short sleeve shirt she has in her drawer. 


2 comments:

  1. Ahh she is adorable, and the skirt looks cute on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks way cuter on her than it would on me. I'm not sure i could pull off the bright colors. She LOVES it so I'm glad I made it for her.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!