Here is my boring green shirt. ZZZZZZzzzzz.
I found it on clearance at JoAnn Fabric of all places. It had some weird sort of stain on the front. While I managed to remove the stain, I've had this shirt for almost a year and NEVER worn it.
Aside from being boring, the shirt was just a tad too short. It sat right at the waistband of my jeans. Every time I raised my arms you could see my belly and all it's lovely stretchy stretch marks.
Something had to be done.
Mrblocko had this shirt that he bought from our vacation in Oregon many many moons ago. He has since lost quite a bit of weight so the shirt is too big for him. The shirt also has some unattractive sweat stains in the armpits. So instead of pitching that shirt, I hacked it up!
Here's the finished product:
I used the bottom of the gray shirt where it was already hemmed to lengthen the green shirt. I stitched over the existing hem stitching on the green shirt to attach the gray band.
And here it is on:
Ta da! No more peek-a-boo belly.