Friday, May 30, 2014

Frozen Golden Oreo Lemon Yum

There's just something about Golden Oreos and lemon that pair so nicely together.  



Then add frozen Cool Whip to the mix?

Sold!

I decided to make a whole huge dessert out of this and prepare it in a 9" Springform pan.  I did this basically because I only had a 8x8 pan, so my 9" springform pan was the only dish that was large enough.  I bought a 16 oz container of Cool Whip so I decided to use all of that instead of the 12 oz the original recipe called for.  I filled the spring form pan all the way to the top.

This made for lovely slices of "cake" that was nearly like ice cream.


Frozen Golden Oreo Lemon Yum adapted from Crazy For Crust
36 Golden Oreos, divided (This is one full package.  I may have only used 35 cookies because one might have fallen into my mouth.)
3 T butter, very soft
1 box (3.4 ounces) french vanilla pudding (you can switch up the pudding flavor if you prefer)
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
18oz Cool Whip
1 cup lemon curd (jarred or homemade) (I used some homemade stuff that never thickened properly, but wound up working great)

Place 20 cookies in a gallon sized plastic zip bag. Seal bag except for 1 corner so air can escape and mash with a rolling pin to coarsely crush cookies. Place cookies and butter in lg bowl. Mix til combined. Place in bottom of 9” springform pan.  Wipe out bowl and add pudding mix and milk. Whisk til smooth and set aside for 2 min. Fold in heaping 1 c cool whip. Carefully spread over cookies in pan. Crush all but 2 remaining cookies in a new zip bag. Sprinkle over pudding.  Mix lemon curd gently with heaping cup cool whip. Spread over pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping over the curd mixture. Coarsely crush remaining 2 cookies and sprinkle over top.  Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!