Monday, May 26, 2014

Spanish Rice

We had tacos one night and I thought some Spanish rice would make a nice side dish. 

via

I'd never made Spanish rice before so I took this recipe from Very Culinary and mashed it together with this one from Sunny Simple Life.

Spanish Rice
1.5 c uncooked rice
2T oil
1 onion, diced small
2 red pepper, chopped small
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T tomato paste
2.5 c water (I added drained juices from rotel to make up part of this measurement)
1 can Medium Rotel
2 t cumin
scant 1/2 t salt
1/4 t chili powder

Saute rice, onion, pepper, garlic, and tomato paste in oil until rice is slightly browned.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 min, covered.  Let sit 5 min covered, off of heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!