Friday, May 23, 2014

Pepper and Pepperoni Pasta

I've gotten in a bad rut of not taking photos again.  What can you do eh?

via

I made this dish for a dinner that my husband went to at church.  It went over so well that I got asked for the recipe. 

While it's a simple dish in that it's easy to make, it's not something I'd prepare on a regular basis.  It had a lot of ingredients that I don't normally buy.

I only made some very minor changes to this recipe.  First, I pre roasted and peeled the red peppers.  I hate the skins on peppers so that was my reasoning for that.  I swapped out the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses for a preshredded Italian blend that contained those cheeses in addition to a few others.  Finally I halved the pepperonis so they were a bit more evenly distributed when the dish was served.

Pepperoni and Pepper Pasta adapted from Half Baked Harvest

1 lb angel hair pasta, broken in half
1/3 c olive oil
1 T dried basil
2 t dried oregano
1 t dried parsley
1 t dried dill
1/2 t crushed red pepper
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t salt
heaping 1/3 c kalamata olives, halved
1/3 c oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained of excess oil, reserving oil-sliced
2 c shredded Italian blend cheese.
4 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled then slicced
Pepperonis-halved (enough to cover the top of the dish)


Preheat oven to 375 F. Boil pasta until al dente. Drain well. While water comes to a boil add olive oil (make sure oil covers entire bottom of baking dish, if not add more oil), dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano, dried dill, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to a 9 x 13 baking dish. To baking dish add 3/4 pasta, olives,and sliced tomatoes. Toss well. Drizzle pasta with reserved oil from  sun-dried tomato jar. If pasta seems a little oily add in a little more angel hair or if you would like to use all  pasta be sure to add more oil to evenly coat all pasta. Add 1/2 cheese and scatter sliced peppers over top.  Top with remaining cheese, pepperoni and another drizzle of oil. Bake 45-60 min til top browned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!