Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Koolaid Jello Pops

My daughter is the slowest Popsicle eater on the planet.  Seriously. I don't know what it is. She was even like this before she lost any teeth.  When she was younger I'd only feed her popsicles outside. That way I'd only have to clean the sticky mess off of her, and not the entire kitchen and dining room.  Even now, I make her eat over a plate .
I have no idea where I found this recipe for drip-less wonders.  This was in my recipe binder before I started up this blog. It's another one of those, "why did I wait so many years to test it out?" kind of recipes.  These bad boys really live up to their name.  They really are Drip-less wonders.  My child only had two small drips on her plate, and none on her hands, face, clothes, floor, etc.  They should be called drip-less miracles.

What I liked about these freezey pops is that they don't get rock hard like some home made popsicles do.  Unlike Blockette, I like to take big chomps out of my frozen treats.  You can take huge bites without having to worry about breaking off any teeth.

They do have a slight jell-o-y taste to them.  However, the jell-o flavor wasn't so strong that I didn't like them.

We used sugar free strawberry jello and strawberry kool aid.  I couldn't find the sweetened version so I added a scant 1/3 c of sugar.  For the next batch I think I'll cut it back to 1/4 c. 

"Drip-less wonders"
1 pkg kool-aid, presweetened (or unsweetened with 1/4-1/3c sugar or substitute)
1 pkg jello (same flavor as kool aid)
2 c boiling water
2 c cold water

Mix Kool aid, jello, sugar and boiling water until the powders are dissolved. Add the cold water.  Stir.  Pour into molds and freeze.  Refrigerate leftovers for easy refilling of molds. If the concoction has set up, microwave for 15-20 seconds to liquify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!