Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Peanut Buttery Banana Bread

Hmmm... it must be peanut butter week or something.

So I know that you are thinking, "That looks like your average run of the mill banana bread."


You are sooooo totally wrong.

There's nothing ordinary about this banana bread!

This is Reeses peanut butter cup peanut butter banana bread from Cookies and Cups.  Yeah.  You read that right...there are Reeses Peanut Butter cups IN the banana bread.

I've actually had this recipe on my to do list since October.  How do I specifically know that I planned to make this back in October? The pb cups that I used were pumpkin shaped.  Somehow, they had gotten jammed behind some random baking supplies in the pantry.  Then I went and forgot about this recipe, and the lil' punkin' shaped pb cups!

Oh the horror!  The travesty!  It's peanut butter cup abuse for sure!

I made it up to the little guys by chopping them up and making them a part of this scrumpdidilyumptious bread.  It was worth the wait.  I decided to make three small loaves as opposed to one large one as suggested.  We gobbled up the third loaf, fighting over who got the last slice.  (I won by the way.  Muhahahaha!)  But what the rest of my family doesn't realize is that there are two other wee loaves chillin' in the freezer.  I'll probably share with them...if they aren't rotten stinkers!  OK.  Who am I kidding?  They ARE rotten stinkers, but I'll share anyhow.


Reese's PB Cup PB Banana Bread from Cookies and Cups
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups (Or pumpkin shaped ones chilled and cut into 6ths)

Preheat oven to 350 Grease your loaf pan ( 8 x 4 is the recommended size.  Mine is 8.5x5, so i used 3 small loaf pans) with butter or shortening. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a large bowl stir bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVER-STIR. Fold in Reese’s cups and spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then loosen edges of pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!