Monday, June 4, 2012

May Cross Stitches

Only two cross stitches completed for the rest of the month of May. What can I say, I decided to read instead of stitch! Horray for books that don't suck!

This design was a freebie from a French blog.  The chart can be found here.

The design looks so much better close up than it does at a distance. You'd think this would be a good thing, but as I was planning on adding this to the rest of the silhouette cross stitches, it wound up being a complete waste of time.  As cross stitch is basically pixilated art, it's SUPPOSED to look better from a distance.  This design just gets blurry when you look at it from more than a few inches away.  Let that be a lesson to me that not everything looks good on 22 count fabric.  No super detailed monochromatic stuff.  Oh well.  Lesson learned...hopefully.


This Scandinavian Red and White style design was another freebie.  I found this one at Tom Pudding Designs.
I had so much fun stitching this design. I'm not even quite sure why. It's not my usual style, and I have no plans for the finished piece.  I guess it was one of those things where you enjoy the journey more than the actual destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!