Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Project #2: Another wonky blanket for Haiti

Ugh, it's finally finished. If I ever make another afghan again it will probably be too soon. This one took longer to make, but it is less wonky than the first. The edges got all ripply like the first blanket. Luckily, I'm not going to make another afghan, so it would be a waste of time to try to figure out what I was doing wrong.

The color scheme may seem a bit weird in this picture. That's because of the weird lighting and the camera. The pink, periwinkle, cream and green are all in the variegated yarn in the corners. You can see that they match a little bit better if you click on the pic. As with most of my photos, the colors are more yellowish than they are in real life.
That's Boo in the upper left corner of the photo. He's pretty upset that I sewed the squares into one blanket. When I had them all laid out on the floor to piece together, the edges of the squares sort of curled up. He thought they were toys for him and proceeded to pounce on them and bat them all around the room. Maybe that was just his way of saying he didn't like my design choice. He's pretty persnickety that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!