Monday, July 26, 2010

Grilled Citrus Tilapia

Here's another fish recipe courtesy of Fire and Flavor cedar grill planks. Num! Yeah I said "num" about fish. Mrblocko is making a convert out of me. So far, the fish we've made on the cedar planks does not taste fishy. It has a nice smokey earthy flavor that either eliminates or masks that fish flavor I dislike so much. I don't care either way. I'm eating more fish and that's all that matters in my book.

Aside from the smokey flavor from the planks, the fish has a fresh and citrus-y flavor from the lime and cilantro. Two more great flavors that helps hide the fish taste from your tongue.

This recipe is an all around winner. I served it with rice, black beans, grilled onions and salsa on the side. Blockette liked it so much she even ate her black beans. I think that's like getting 5 stars from Gordon Ramsey.


Grilled Citrus Fish from Fire and Flavor
3 T fresh Lime or Orange Juice (I used Lime)
1/4 c olive oil
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 T ground cumin
up to 1 1/2 lbs of fish (I used 3 small fillets of Tilapia cause I still think leftover fish is icky poo poo)
1 cedar grilling plank, soaked for at least an hour.

Preheat grill to medium low heat, about 350 F. While the grill is preheating, mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl along with salt and pepper to taste. Add fish and marinade to a plastic zip bag to marinate at room temp for about 10 min. Remove fish from bag and discard marinade. Place soaked plank on the grill and heat for 3 min. Flip the plank and place the fish on the heated side of the plank. Grill with the lid closed for 12-15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!