Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How Fortunate...

Mrblocko and I were fortunate enough to gave the opportunity to consume a meal sans munchkin this weekend. We went to a Chinese restaurant which provided us with the following chopsticks. The weird thing is, I've used this brand of bamboo chopsticks many many times before. I guess I never really paid much attention. In case you can't tell from the photo, it reads:

Welcome to Chinese Restaurant.
Please try your Nice Chinese Food With Chopsticks.
the traditional and typical of Chinese glonous history.
and cultural.

I never knew China had a glonous history. and cultural. I thought I was paying attention in all those Chinese History classes back in college. Maybe I fell asleep that day.

If that wasn't enough, I was then presented with a fortune cookie that held this little nugget of wisdom:
I don't know about you, but oversetimating ones capacities sounds like it might be painful.

Don't think Mrblocko missed out on all the fun. His fortune is a result of translating something from French to Latin to English to Chinese and back to English again. When you do all that you get: "I think and that is all that I am."

Wonder what Descartes would have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!