Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Bread

I am about to get all fancy on you.  Super fancy for Christmas.

BAM!
Santa Bread!

Are you impressed yet? Ok, so I realize that Santa looks a bit creepy. What do you expect from someone who asks you to sit on his lap and whisper what you want in his ear so he can sneak into your house in the middle of the night.  Oh and is made of bread dough.  I think you'd look a bit creepy too if you were a giant floating head made of bread dough.

The Santa bread recipe and assembly instructions can be found over at Taste of Home. The directions are waaaay too long for me to copy here.  Plus you really need the pictures on the website to understand how to place the dough bits in the right spot.

If you are one of those people who buys yeast in the jar, not in the packets, it will be helpful for you to know that 2 1/4 tsp equals .25 oz yeast.

Blockette thought Santa Bread was super cool.  She examined him silently with amazement and then said, "I think we should eat his beard first."

So we did.  Santa bread tastes slightly sweet, sort of like a Hawaiian roll.  The texture stayed very soft and springy for 3 days.  The fourth day Santa got a bit crummy.  So I put him out of his misery...in mah belly!

Thank you Santa for the yummy delicious goodness that was your head.  See you soon!!!!!

P.S. I made another Santa bread and this is how he turned out:
Doesn't he look like he's winking?  Santa's so cheeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!