Monday, March 25, 2013

Crochet Bath Puff


I made this Bath puff by Fresh Mint back in February.  It sat on a shelf in the basement until last week, when I finally decided to take pictures of all the things I had crocheted over the past month or so.

The yarn I used is called Lily Sugar'n Cream, and the color is country stripes.  The poof took almost one full skein.  Because the yarn I used was an ombre where it gradually changed from one color to the next, I opted not to use multiple colors as the pattern suggested. 

Also, when making the tie thingie that scrunches the poof up, I didn't switch colors mid way.  One of the comments suggested doubling the length of the tie and weaving it through the whole thing so it could tie at one end.  The ends of the ties are slip stitched ends together, which eliminated the need for hearts at the end.  This made for a loop where it can be hung in the shower.

 Here's what the poof looks like stretched out:
 So how does it scrub up?
Hmmm...not very much to my liking. 
As a personal preference, I like my scrubbies to have a bit of exfoliating power.  This had zero.  It was just too soft!  I know that there are some of you that like that sort of thing, but it's not my cuppa tea.

Now I don't know what to do with it.  I've used it, so I can't really give it away, but I have no desire to use it again.  Any suggestions?  Should I unravel it and reuse the yarn for something else?  Toss it?  Let Blockette use it to wash her bike?  I have no idea.

3 comments:

  1. what about for dishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm worried that too many food particles will get caught in all the loops and twists. Although, I suppose if I only used it once then tossed it in the wash it might work.

      Delete
  2. How about edging the poof with a border of sc in tulle fabric? Store-bought poofs are made from tulle, and in a sc, that should add plenty of texture for scrubbing power! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!