Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Creole Seasoning Blend

via
The other day I came across a recipe that required Creole seasoning.  I had gotten some Cajun Seasoning from Penzey's Spices a while back that I thought would be similar in flavor.  To my surprise, I discovered that we had used it all up!  Of course I didn't realize this until I had already begun stirring things up in the kitchen.

A quick search yielded a recipe from Type A Parent.  I had all the ingredients except for the celery salt so I omitted that.  I'm listing the recipe with it in case you'd like to add it.  Also, I'm listing the amounts as a ratio.  The original recipe was for tablespoons, but I wasn't sure if I'd like the blend so I only made a small amount.  One part in my recipe was 1/2 tsp.

I feared that this blend would be too spicy, but we thought it was just right.

Creole Seasoning from Type A Parent
4 parts sweet paprika
2 parts onion powder
2 parts garlic powder
2 parts dried oregano leaves
2 parts dried sweet basil
2 parts dried thyme leaves
1 part black pepper
1 part white pepper
1 part cayenne pepper
1 part celery seed (optional)

Blend all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!