Monday, April 29, 2013

Nature Weaving


We made these nature weavings way back at the end of March, over Spring Break.  
I got the idea from the Blog: In These Hills.


We assembled the looms from sticks in our back yard, and scrap yarn.


Then we went for a walk around the block and wove them into our loom on the spot.
This was harder than it might seem because it was quite cold and we were weaving the items in with our gloves on.  Some of the things, particularly the pine branches, wanted to stick to our gloves instead of staying inside the weaving.

Blockette and I hung them up in the garage over a particularly ugly spot over the door into the basement.
I love that I get to see them everyday.

2 comments:

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!