Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Apple Dumplings!!!

Do you remember Strawberry Shortcake...the doll??? Well she had a friend named Apple Dumpling. I had both Strawberry Shortcake and Apple Dumpling dolls back when I was a shorty short pants. I rarely played with Apple Dumpling. I always preferred Strawberry Shortcake. The same was true with their dessert namesakes. I was gaga over strawberry shortcake and would pass over the apple dumplings.
Photo from Pinkyjane's photostream on flikr

I first encountered this particular recipe for apple dumplings on Pioneer Woman. I didn't give the recipe a second thought because dumplings weren't my cup of tea. Then I saw the same recipe for apple dumplings again on Our Best Bites. I'm a big fan of these bloggers and I thought I should take their advice and make this recipe.

Oh the Shame! Oh the Horror! Why did I ever wait???? Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Just make these Apple dumplings. They are the easiest things ever to make. Can you peel and cut an apple? Can you open a can of crescent rolls? Can you melt butter and then add sugar and vanilla? Can you open a can of pop? If you've answered yes to the above questions, what in the world are you waiting for. Make yourself some delicious apple dumplings and don't forget the ice cream!

Apple Dumplings from Pioneer Woman
2 whole Granny Smith Apples
2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1-1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Cinnamon, To Taste
1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!