Thursday, December 10, 2009

Magnet Tins

These are the Christmas gifts Blockette and I made for her teachers this year. They are Altoid tins filled with 8 tiny magnets. The magnets are made from small circles cut from Christmas cards placed under small glass stones. I knew there was a reason why I kept all those old Christmas cards!

I also used part of a Christmas card to decorate the inside of the tin. Blockette picked out her favorite cards and I cut them out for her.

Then we decorated the outside of the tins with felt and buttons. Again, I did the cutting and she did the gluing. She did such a great job centering everything I don't think I could have done a better job myself.
Blockette was upset at first to learn that we were giving these buttons to her teacher for keeps. She thought that they would give them back to her after Christmas. I had to remind her that was not what gift giving was about. I think she's OK with it. We'll see when she gives them to her teachers next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!