Friday, April 1, 2011

March Reads

Well reading in March went in like a lamb, but out like a lion considering I finished a whole book in the course of one night!

1. Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan: I checked this book out of the library because in the Food Blogger world, it seems like Dorie cannot be praised highly enough. I figured I'd see what the fuss was all about. The thing is, I do not like French cooking, aside from pastries and other bakery goods, so this book was a bit of a let down. I guess if you are keen on French Cuisine I could see how this little cook book would make your day.

2. Slow Cooker Revolution by America’s Test Kitchen: When I checked this book out from the library, the librarian who was checking my books out commented that they had all been drooling over the recipes in the book. I can see why. Everything looked delicious and it is hard to make crock pot food look appealing. Or maybe that is just me. I copied down more than a few recipes to test out later once I get through all those leftovers in my freezer. Hmm by that time it will warm enough that Mrblocko will want to grill out every night. I'll get to those recipes eventually though and write about them on here when I do.

3. High Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond: I checked this book out Wed. (the 30th)right before dinner. Blockette was at choir and Mrblocko was out with a friend. I finished the book at about 10 pm. Mrblocko had called me to tell me he was on his way home and I told him I had to call him back as I only had 8 pages left to read. Keep in mind I've been trying to get through Pillars of the Earth since the beginning of February. Once I started reading this book I could not put it down. The book is by one of my favorite bloggers, The Pioneer Woman, and it is the story of how she met her husband and their first year of marriage. If you like a good love story, sans the smut, you'll find it as hard to put down as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!