Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Microwave Cornbread

My mom gave me this container that bakes brownies in the microwave.  I didn't have all the ingredients on hand to make brownies, so I went on a hunt to try to figure out something else to make with this crazy pan.

I couldn't come up with many other options aside from different variations on the basic brownie.  After much searching I found a decent looking recipe for microwave cornbread.  This recipe comes from a blog called Veganasf#ck.

The batter was really thin in my pan.  I debated doubling the recipe, but thought against it as I didn't really know how much the cornbread was going to rise.

The cornbread didn't rise a whole lot, but was cooked in the 3 min stated in the recipe.  I imagine the cooking time would need to be doubled if the amounts in the recipe were increased.


As it was the cornbread was ok.  It was thin and a bit on the dry side.  I think this would be a great emergency recipe to use if it was a busy night.  I can see myself making this again before or after soccer practice with leftover chili for a super speedy dinner.

 Microwave Cornbread from Veganasf#ck
1/2 c cornmeal
1/2 c flour
1 T sugar
1 t baking powder
2 T veg oil
1/2 c almond milk

Put dry ingred in bowl and mix well. Add oil and milk. Let stand 5 min (not essential if in a hurry) Nuke 2-3 min.  Check that it’s cooked by inserting a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!