Monday, March 17, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower and Sausage Spaghetti

When I told Mrblocko we were having Roasted Cauliflower and Sausage Spaghetti for dinner it was met with a heavy sigh.  He is not a fan of Cauliflower.  I think it is one of his least favorite veggies.

I reminded him that I was roasting the cauliflower and that the last time I did that he thought it was tolerable.

Surprisingly, you could just barely taste the cauliflower.  The flavors from the sausage and whole wheat pasta are so strong they overwhelm any potential "nastiness" of the offensive white veggie.

I made two minor changes to the recipe.  I swapped out the Parmesan Cheese for Italian blend shredded cheese, and added half a roasted red pepper.  Mrblocko really enjoyed the addition of the red pepper.  Next time I think I will add a whole roasted red pepper.

This dish is definitely a keeper.  I plan on adding it to the regular rotation.

Roasted Cauliflower and Sausage Spaghetti adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
16 oz Italian Sausage
1 sm head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized florets (about 3-4 c)
Black pepper
13-16 oz whole wheat spaghetti
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 roasted red pepper, diced
4T EVOO
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 c Italian blend Shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400F.  Toss cauliflower w 2 T EVOO and salt. Place on rimmed baking sheet lined w foil and sprayed w pam. Bake 30 min.  Meanwhile in lg skillet, pinch off pieces of Italian sausage and cook in lg skillet over medium heat.  When browned, add garlic and red pepper, cooking until garlic is lt brown and fragrant. While cauliflower and meat is cooking, boil pasta.  Once cooked, drain and add cauliflower, meat mix, remaining oil, gr onions and cheese. Toss to combine.  Add more oil or cheese if needed.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making it! I'm glad it turned out to be a hit! Your changes sound delicious! I love red peppers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!