Monday, March 24, 2014

No knead cheesy bread

I found this recipe for no knead buttery Parmesan sour cream bread over at Averie Cooks.  I'd been wanting to make it since I saw it last summer, but I'd just never got around to it.  A few weeks ago I was cleaning out the fridge and saw that I had some sour cream that needed to be used up.  I had exactly the right amount to make this recipe.



While the recipe made some great bread, it was very salty.  I used grillmates seasoning but cut it down to 1 Tablespoon instead of the 2 listed in the recipe.  I also omitted the salt called for in the recipe, and used an Italian blend cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.  The bread was still way too salty for my liking as grill mates is mostly salt.  I plan on trying this recipe out again either using Bavarian or Italian seasoning blends instead of Grill Mates seasoning.  I'll still probably only use 1 T of the seasoning.

No knead Sour Cream Bread from Averie Cooks
1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c Parmesan cheese (I used Italian Blend)
1T salt free seasoning blend
1 heaping T baking powder
1 c milk, plus 1/4 c as needed
1/2 c sour cream

425F. Line 8x8 pan w/foil and spray. Pour melted butter in prepared pan. In lg bowl, mix flour, Add wet mix to dry. Batter thick, and dense, with lumps. If resembles paste, add up to 1/4 c milk,  to thin.
Carefully turn batter into pan, on top of melted butter. Smooth lightly with spatula and push corners. It's OK if butter sloshes up onto batter. Score batter into 9 pieces to make slicing easier later. Bake  22-24 min, til bread is set. Cool in pan 5 min before slicing. If butter pools in bottom of pan, drizzle  over top. Bread best fresh, but will keep airtight for up to 4 days or in freezer for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!