Monday, May 30, 2011

Wonton Chips

When I made Egg Roll Soup I only used half of the package of won ton strips. The first time I made the soup other half of the won tons went bad before I could use them. When I got around to eating the frozen leftovers, I bought another package of won tons, but vowed not to let the unused half of a package go bad.Several years ago my best friend told me about this recipe for baked won ton crackers from Weight Watchers. I just cut the won tons on the diagonal so they looked like tortilla chips and sprinkled them with taco seasoning before baking for 3 minutes on each side.

The recipe states to cook them for 2 minutes on each side, but I thought they were under done at that point. I let one batch go for 4 minutes on each side, and they were badly burnt. If you are going to make these, just watch them carefully for the first batch and follow what is appropriate for your own oven.

We ate our won ton chips as a deconstructed taco or nachos. Blockette loved the chips but hated the meal because I made her eat black refried beans. I'm such a mean mommy!

Weight Watchers Wonton Chips
20 item(s) wonton wrapper(s)
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped

Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place wonton wrappers on sheet in a single layer. Bake for 2 minutes; remove from oven. Flip wrappers; sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Lightly coat wrappers with cooking spray and bake for 2 minutes more. Remove from oven and place wrappers on a wire rack to cool. Yields 5 “crisps” per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!