Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Freeze Your Own Hashbrowns

Have you ever tried to make your own hashbrowns to freeze?  I have and they have always turned out looking gross.  They turn brownish gray even before they make it to the freezer.  I tried freezing the nasty looking stuff anyway. When I went to cook them they turned out to be a revolting tasting AND looking mash.  So I figured making frozen hashbrowns was some super secret process involving machines and chemicals.

No!  You don't need none of that stuff.  All you have to do is par-boil them first! The closely guarded secret was revealed to me on The Grocery Cart Challenge.  And now you know it too.  Don't you feel special?
I haven't had a chance to test this out yet, because I'm not over run with potatoes.  Next time the big 20 kajillion lb bag goes on sale I'm snatching that bad boy up and having a hashbrown hootenanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!