Monday, August 22, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #19 : More Ruffle Jeans

Remember the patchy pants I lengthened back in March using the tutorial from From an Igloo?  Well, even with the ruffle extension, those pants are almost too short for Blockette!  The child has grown 3 inches this year. Maybe I should stop sprinkling Miracle Grow on her cereal in the morning.

I forced Blockette to try on all her clothes to see if she needed more clothes for school.  The verdict was, not yet, but probably in a few months.  I did find another pair of pants that could use some lengthening. So I set myself to work.

One hour later.  (A new record time for me) Tada!  More pants that fit.  I just love that ruffle tutorial. 

Blockette picked out the ruffle fabric.  You can't really tell from the photo but they have little multi-colored t-shirts with hearts on them.  I was quite surprised she chose the yellow fabric.  I mean I thought the child was all about pink.  Guess not today.

As I was attaching the ruffle, I noticed that the knees of these pants are getting thin.  I pondered putting on a patch, but decided to wait until an actual hole developed..say after the first day she wears them to school.  Why do today what you can put off for tomorrow right?

So I bet you are thinking that I told Blockette some hilarious knock knock joke of some sort. No, she just decided to pose that way for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!