Sunday, August 7, 2011

Waterfall Braid

July has been insanely hot. So hot that I'm convinced I don't really have earwax, just melty brain coming out my auditory orifice. EW.

Blockette gets hot and sweaty even on mild days, so it's been quite a relief that she is allowing to me to put her hair up on a semi regular basis.  Mostly just French Braids and pony tails.  Nothing too special.  Two weeks ago I put her hair in a sort of bohemian twist on each side for church.  (I was in too much of a rush to get out the door to remember to take a picture.)  By the end of the service her hair had started to fall out.  If I ever try something like that again, her hair is going to have to be several days from being washed.  Her hair is just too fine to be cooperative without some natural hair oils/grease in it.

This Sunday I wanted to try something different as well.  I had seen several videos online about waterfall braids this past week, so I was anxious to give that a try.
I think it turned out pretty well. There was no issues with the hair falling out at all. Her hair ended up looking the same on the way home as it did on the way to church.  Yay!
I think the style looks better from the back than from the front, but Blockette thought she looked like a princess with the braid on the side.  Now if I can only figure out what to do about her bangs.  She wants to grow them out, but they are at that gross in between stage that always drives me bonkers.

Perhaps I could start this braid on the other side of her part and have her braids incorporated into the French braid.  Then, maybe that would tone down the shaggy look from her bangs.

Anyone have any other suggestions of what to do with Blockette's bangs in the medium stage of growing them out?  We've also tried a headband but the bangs just stick straight out from the headband, which is worse than if we did nothing at all.  They are still just a bit too short to clip back with a hair clippie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!