Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Basic Hamburgers

We've been making lots and lots of burgers this summer, thanks to having a grill that actually cooks the food without burning it. What a difference that makes. I like charred food, but charred is different from burnt and over cooked.

When we had my in-laws over for Blockette's birthday Mrblocko wanted to have burgers for dinner. Since we've had so many different types of burgers this summer, I told him he needed to be a bit more specific.

He asked, "Can we just have plain burgers?"

I said, "Just plain hamburgers? Meat with nothing else? Won't that taste a bit bland?"

Mrblocko replied, "Well, look on the internet and find something, that has a bit of seasoning, but is really basic."

So I did a search and came up with 10 different possiblities. Mrblocko found something wrong with all of them, until he came to the last one, which I call the no frills tasty hamburger.

Here is the recipe:
1 1/4 lb ground beef ( 20% fat)
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp montreal steak seasoning

mix, form into patties, and cook to your desired doneness.

They were exactly what we were looking for. Personally, I prefer burgers to have more seasoning, but they were very tasty and moist. I'll be making these again when Mrblocko gets a craving for plain old hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!