Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Burrito

Last Wednesday, Blockette and I went to the Morton Arboretum. I figured it would be a fun thing for us to do together on her last day of summer vacation. I had told her Tuesday night that we were going to a huge garden place to have some fun. The next morning at breakfast she asked, "Mommy when are we going to Our Burrito? Art Burrito? Oh, what is it called again?" It had been 7 or 8 years since I'd been there and a lot had changed. They have this huge children's garden and maze that they didn't have before. (Yes, we did get lost in the maze, but Blockette was able to get us out the way we came. Seriously, I could get lost in a wet paper bag.)

I used to pass by the Arboretum every day on my way to and from work, back in the day. I never realized that the Morton referred to the Mortons, of Morton brand Salt. Duh. I guess the whole Arboretum used to be one of the Morton estates. This place is huge. I cannot imagine living somewhere where you have such an enormous back yard!!!!
Blockette and I only covered a tiny portion of the grounds. Our plans are to go back at various points of the year to see how the area changes with the seasons. There is so much to see that I think by the time we saw everything they would have changed what was planted so we'd have to go back and see everything all over again!I feared Blockette might get bored, so I let her use Mrblocko's little digital camera he bought for work ages ago. He has since changed jobs and doesn't need it. I figured, he never uses it, why not let Blockette have some fun with it. Turns out, his camera is way better than mine. It has some sort of stabilizing feature which is great for a girl who can't sit still for more than 2 seconds.All the pictures on this post were taken by Blockette. She took a ton and most of them were in focus and had awesome composition. These were my favorites.(This last one is my absolute favorite. I love how the flowers in the distance are in focus and the ones up close are blurry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!