Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mystery Ham Glaze

They had bone in hams on sale a while ago and Mrblocko loves bone in ham. They are right up there with steak in his book. I told him that if I bought a ham it would be his job to figure out how to cook it.

I have no idea where he got this recipe but it is delicious. It is probably my new favorite glaze for Ham. I should let him pick out recipes from the Internet more often. If you know where this recipe came from, please let me know and I will credit it here.

Mrblocko's Mysterious Ham Glaze from the Internet
1/3 c prepared yellow mustard
1/3 c maple syrup (we used the fake stuff)
2 T Br sugar
2 t onion powder

Preheat the oven to 325F. Mix all the ingredients together and cover the ham with the glaze. Make a foil tent over the meat. Cook the meat, basting every 20 min until the glaze is gone. Cook til internal temp is 160F. Remove the foil and place under the broiler for the last 5 min to get the outside caramelized and crispy.

(There may or may not have been a picture of the finished glazed ham. My computer got a nasty virus and it is at a friend's house right now seeing if any of the data can be retrieved. I felt like posting anyhow today, with or without pictures. Mrblocko was nice enough to leave me his laptop so I wasn't completely disconnected from the world. YAY!)

1 comment:

  1. I will try this, mine is good though, I use root beer and apple juice among other things. Maple sounds good, the real stuff would make it crispy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!