Monday, July 4, 2011

My cookies need some Imodium AD

Oh I hope your 4th of July isn't a poopy one!

I made Picky Palate's Chocolate Peanut butter and Marshmellow pudding cookies with the intent of putting them in a bake sale back in May.

The melted marshmellows looked like squidgy baby diarreah!!!
Who wants to eat that?

Only about 6 of them in the whole batch were presentable enough for the sale.

Seriously, I am never "baking" with marshmellows again. After the Resurection rolls failure and now this...bah. It isn't worth the heartache. Now if the marshmellows had melted in the rolls like they did in the cookies or vice versa that would be another story.  No such luck.

Now they did taste good, in spite of their first impression. I sent the nastiest ones with Mrblocko to work. They happily closed their eyes and ate them. I was told I could send any more rejects to work with him any time I wanted. So at least there was that.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Pudding Cookies from Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
10 oz bag peanut butter chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or line with a silpat liner. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate pudding mix, peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, place onto baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring.  Makes 3 dozen cookies

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I do the same thing with my rejects... send 'em to work with hubby. :) They probably think I'm a terrible baker and have much pitty for my husband, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I wonder what the co-workers must think too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!