Monday, July 11, 2011

Thai Pizza

This is the pizza I made with my leftover dough from the Springform Chicago Pizza.  (To my best friend, try not to make gagging noises too loudly while you read this.  This post is about pizza with peanut sauce.)
Since this was an impromptu meal, I had to go with the ingredients I had on hand. I didn't have red onions, but I really wish I did. Red onions would have tasted awesome on the pizza. I also used Colby jack instead of mozzarella, since I used up all the mozzarella in my fridge to make the deep dish pizza. Also, I reduced the amount of red pepper flakes from 2 tsp to 1/2 tsp so it wouldn't be too spicy for Blockette.

I had some red peppers that had been roasted and stuck in the freezer. I thawed them out and used those too. Blockette said that she didn't like the roasted red pepper. At least that is what she said until I told her they were red worms, and red worms would make her fairy wings grow nice and strong. That did the trick. Whatever works right?

I liked this pizza a lot. Whenever we go to California Pizza Kitchen, I always get the Thai pizza. My only beef with this recipe was that the sauce was way too thin. I only added about 1/8 c water and the sauce was still too runny for my liking. Next time I think I'll leave the water out completely. In any case, I just reserved the extra sauce and used it for dipping. That did the trick nicely.

Head over to All Day I Dream About Food to get the recipe for Thai Pizza.
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup hot water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tbsp olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 cup shredded mozarella

4 8-inch low carb tortillas or wraps OR 1 lb pizza dough**

In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water, vinegar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes until well combined. Set aside. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate or bowl. Add pepper and onion to hot skillet and saute until just tender, about 4 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425F. Spread each wrap with 1/4 of the peanut sauce. Top with chicken, red pepper and onion. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake on a pizza stone or cookie sheet on middle rack of oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8 minutes.

**If you are making this with regular pizza dough, be sure to bake the crust first for 8 to 10 minute before adding the toppings and returning it to the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!